Issues switching between code and design in Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by oscuh, Sep 22, 2009.

  1. oscuh macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2007
    Location:
    Michigan
    #1
    I recently created my first web page in Dreamweaver. I did the page (it's just a splash page at this point) in .css and everything was working fine. I opened the site in Dreamweaver numerous times to make edits and upload said edits last week.

    Now, suddenly, when I try to open the index.php file, it locks up Dreamweaver. I seem to be able to open the page in code view, but if I try to go to design or split view, I get the beachball and Dreamweaver is basically frozen. My in-house web design guru (I'm a print guy) helped me build the page, and when he tries to open the page, he gets the same issue.

    Once in awhile it'll eventually switch over to design view, but in general, it's frozen. and I force-quit DW.

    This is ONE simple page, so I don't see how I'm having these issues. Other, more complex sites we've built in-house open just fine.... Help! :confused:

    FYI:
    The page is located at www.gaps-seed.com.
    Built in Dreamweaver CS3 on an iMac 2.4 C2D.
     
  2. oscuh thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2007
    Location:
    Michigan
    #2
    update: so DW finally loaded and I was able to make the edits I needed, but I'm still having the issue when I try to open the page... lag lag lag...

    Any suggestions would be hot.
     
  3. nickelmedia macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    #3
    I'm having this issue as well but only on one page I'm working on at the moment. If I open another or create a new file, there is no issue. It makes me think there is a bug in my code, but it's based off of another site I created in Dreamweaver with no issues.

    I'm lost.
     
  4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

    SrWebDeveloper

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2007
    Location:
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    #4
    I've had that happen - usually it's a bug in the code, and the syntax checker freaks out in DW. Might want to try disable re-writing code just to see if that helps as it helped me find my bug (a typo in a tag attribute). Another common cause of this is on a networked folder, disable caching for that site in DW's site config. Sometimes doing that, closing DW, re-opening and re-enabling cache to force a refresh helps. Beyond this, got me!
     

Share This Page