Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
I have iTunes 11.1.2, and I've recently downloaded an album, and every time i try to sync it, it says its done, but it does not appear on my iPhone?

When I check the On This iPhone option, the song appear however they are greyed out and have a dotted circle to the left of them. What does this mean?

How do I get these songs to sync?

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
"The song appear however they are greyed out and have a dotted circle to the left of them."

This means that the download is running or not completed.

Try this : menu bar / store / check for available downloads

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
"The song appear however they are greyed out and have a dotted circle to the left of them."

This means that the download is running or not completed.

Try this : menu bar / store / check for available downloads

a lot of the greyed out songs, I have downloaded from elsewhere and still say this. I've just checked for available downloads and it said all available have been downloaded?

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
If you bought the songs from the iTunes Store, you can delete them, then download them again.

First, in iTunes / Preferences / Store, check "show iTunes in the Cloud purchases".

Then delete a song and move the file to the trash.

A few seconds or minutes later, the song will show up again and you will be able to download it again (click the cloud icon).

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
If you bought the songs from the iTunes Store, you can delete them, then download them again.

First, in iTunes / Preferences / Store, check "show iTunes in the Cloud purchases".

Then delete a song and move the file to the trash.

A few seconds or minutes later, the song will show up again and you will be able to download it again (click the cloud icon).

thanks but how come songs I have imported showing they have not completed downloading? and why won't they sync?

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
I thought the songs came from the iTunes Store (I've recently downloaded an album…).

If you have imported the songs, then the greyed name and the dotted circle mean the copy has not been completed.

You probably need to delete these files and import them again.

jordancrombie92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
United Kingdom
I thought the songs came from the iTunes Store (I've recently downloaded an album…).

If you have imported the songs, then the greyed name and the dotted circle mean the copy has not been completed.

You probably need to delete these files and import them again.

sorry i wasn't very clear. ok thanks. will try that and hopefully it works :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.