Issues to look for with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hlysmksbtmn, Jun 22, 2010.

1. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

I'm picking up my iphone on thursday. So far has anyone noticed any issues? dead pixels have been a problem for me with the iPad, 3G and 3GS. Anyone who already got the iPhone 4 notice dead pixels?

2. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

Dead pixels are bound to be an issue, I've stopped looking these days, since with the 3G and 3GS it was difficult to get one without at least 1 that didn't have other issues, such as uneven screen, light leaks etc

I'm thinking since there are four times more pixels, it might be difficult to see individual dead/stuck ones. Saying that though, it might be 4 times more likely to have pixel issues!

3. trav macrumors member

trav

I've had all 3 models and no dead pixels. One did have light leaks (original or 3G, I don't remember), but none since then.

4. Stankonia macrumors regular

5. trav macrumors member

trav

They are, but you have to launch the iPopcorn app first or you're SOL.

6. StPatty33 macrumors 6502

StPatty33

Wow--haven't had a single dead pixel in my 3 iPhones or my fiancee's 2 iPhones, and being a graphic designer I always check for them on monitors, phones, etc.

7. dmx macrumors 6502

The only thing I am slightly worried about is a yellow screen because it has happened to me with an iPhone in the past. I don't think it will be a problem because of the Retina display hype - I'm sure they have pretty strict quality control in place..

8. hlysmksbtmn thread starter macrumors member

Did you check with the brightness level at high and cycle through all the colors?