Issues & troubles with iCloud services in Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Populus, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Populus macrumors 6502

Populus

Hi,

Im having a lot of troubles, after coming back to Mavericks from the PB2 of Yosemite, with all kind of iCloud Services.

Firstly: yes, probably I authorised the transition to iCloud Drive. I can't remember it with clarity, but is probable I did it. What I didn't expect were the problems I'm having with iCloud in Mavericks.

Ok, all the apps that sync with iCloud Documents & Data are broken now. I can't use them anymore, neither on Mavericks nor iOS 7. There are iOS devices that will not be able to upgrade to iOS 8 -sorry for my bad english-, so that, I wouldn't be able to use iCloud with apps anymore if I had an iPhone 4, for instance.

My concern extends to other services in the cloud, and I would like to know if that's my fault, is a Yosemite iCloud Drive problem related, or you are also having this issues: iMessage. iMessage is notifying only some of the messages that arrive to my iPhone, in my mac. Others, only appear on my iPhone, and only appear in the mac when I open the Messages app. It is like there's a problem with the push notifications on pre-Yosemite OS X.

I don't want to upgrade to Yosemite, because it's performance on my 2010 13" MBP is poor, animations with lag, a huge number of bugs, etcetera. Do you think Apple will solve all this iCloud related issues in osX 10.9? Or will forget this version when Yosemite launches?

Anyone experiencing this kind of iCloud sync troubles in Mavericks.

It's a shame Apple leave one of it's best operating systems since Snow Leopard, with this unfinished features.

2. NoBoMac, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

No issues with iCloud, iMessages in Mavericks.

You made the big mistake of using beta software on production hardware with production data.

There are threads on MacRumors and the internet re: iCloud and iCloud Drive services getting turned on in Yosemite beta making other devices "incompatible".

So, in hindsight, should have setup a new AppleID for Yosemite beta only, and not tried to access that ID via any iOS devices not on iOS 8 (or: backup iOS device, access new AppleID iCloud data from iOS, factory reset device, restore from backup).

3. Populus thread starter macrumors 6502

Populus

Ok, ok. I know it is my fault.

Now all I want is to have the hope Mavericks will receive iCloud Drive support... Do you think that's possible? Because apps that use iCloud Drive doesn't work right now. Maybe when the apps begin to be adapted with CloudKit, this issues will be resolved, isn't it?

By the way, now i have an iPhone 5S, so the upgrade to iOS 8 is a must. I think iOS 8 is one of the best iOS upgrades ever, and definitely will update my iPhone and iPad.

But, I want to stay in Mavericks, and have my iOS 8 powered devices in perfect sync with my Mavericks MacBook Pro. Do you think this will be possible?

And, in the worst case, I will have to say goodbye to OS X built-in iCloud Sync and to those few OS X apps that use iCloud Documents & Data, and start using iCloud.com and dragging-dropping documents from Mavericks to iCloud Drive via web.

I just hope iMessage and other services -not documents and data- will improve with the next updates...