Issues when connecting or disconnecting from 24" Cinema Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hawkeye411, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

When I connect my MBP to my 24" LED Cinema Display, some times the screen flickers and other times the screen goes black and I need to reboot my MBP to get it to work. Also, when I disconnect my MBP from my display and take it home, when I open the MBP the screen is black. It hasn't crashed because I can hear things happening when I click the mouse and press keys on the keyboard but the screen is black. Again, I need to reboot to get things working properly. I don't recall having problems before updating to Snow Leopard.

Anyone else having this problem. Any suggestions about fixing these problems?

Here are my specs.
    MacBook Pro 15"
    2.53 GHz
    4 GB Ram
    OS X 10.6.1
    9400m/9600 GT GPU

24" LED Cinema Display

Thanks!!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Can't offer a fix, but this happens when I plug/unplug my acer monitor sometimes. I find it happens most when I have a lot of apps running, but haven't had the time to try and narrow it down to which app is causing the problem.

3. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Hmmm .. interesting ... I never thought that one of the apps I'm running could have "run into a problem" when I upgraded to Snow Leopard.

I am running Teleport and it keeps asking me to install the upgrade but I haven't because I've been too busy every time I get to the office. Teleport allows me to use my keyboard and mouse to control a second computer in my office. I'll do the update and see if this is the problem or not. I guess it's possible that it could be the problem. Or, like you said, it could be any of the apps causing the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers.

4. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Cinema Monitor Reboot????

Plugged in my MacBook to the LED Cinema Monitor today and it was black again. This time I "rebooted" the monitor? and everything worked fine.

Does this make sense to anyone? Is it necessary to unplug and power down the 24" Cinema Display periodically?

Thanks.