Issues with 2016 Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jhettz, Dec 2, 2016.

1. jhettz macrumors newbie

Hello

I am experiencing several issues with my brand new 15 inch MBP 2.7 512GB 455 Graphics.

The first issue i've noticed is the the bottom half of my screen flickers when logging in to the machine.
    The second issue i'm having is that in order to shut down the laptop i'm having to force quit each application manually. Without doing this selecting shut down does nothing.
    I have also noticed a few white flickers with youtube etc.

I know there has been reports of graphics issues but is anyone else experiencing issues like this.
    I am still within my 14 day return window but wanted to see if this issue is widespread or if only my mac is affected.

2. zduhac macrumors newbie

The first issue is because of the FileVault and it affects pretty much every MacBook Pro at the moment.

I am not aware of the other issues. You could try doing a clean macOS install and reseting SMC and PRAM. Won't hurt.

3. electrix64 macrumors newbie

Do you hear any buzzing/electrical sound coming from under your keyboard if you put your ear near it?

4. jhettz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info

Wow i'm quite surprised but at least its not just me. are there any threads discussing this issue?
    I have tried to find one but so far have been unsuccessful.

The shutting down issue seems to be occurring only when i have either chrome or spotify open.
    I get an message saying "your mac hasent shut down because google chrome failed to quit"

I have tried reinstalling both of these applications and the issue persists

any other suggestions for this?

@electrix no buzzing/electric sound just the fans making noise.

thanks for the help guys