Issues with 27inch 5k display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mackeo, May 28, 2015.

1. mackeo macrumors newbie

Good Morning All,

I've begun to notice strange issues with the display on my 27inch 5k iMac. Anytime there is a dark background or webpage etc, my display starts to do this strange pixelating thing when I open up and move a finder window around on the screen. Ive added an image taken with my iPhone so you guys can see whats going on. I tried to screenshot the issue but it doesn't show up in the screen shot, which is kind of weird.. I'd love to hear what you guys think

Attached Files:

2. hingedshinobi macrumors newbie

Hi mackeo,

if it isn't showing up in screenshots then it is more than likely an actual hardware issue.

the machine should still be under warranty right?

your best bet is probably to get it looked at by Apple.

3. mackeo thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the machine is still under warranty with Applecare. I'll setup an appointment with them. One more question if you don't mind?? When preparing the machine for apple to look at it, is it best to back up and do a clean install?? I've never had to take any of my machines in to them... Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my questions

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

The ONLY thing to do prior to bringing it in is to back it up, leave it alone other than that. Otherwise tech techs cannot look into possible software issues.

5. hingedshinobi macrumors newbie

yeah make sure you back it up just in case.

You still got the original box? it makes an excellent carrying case when you need to take the machine to apple!

6. mackeo thread starter macrumors newbie