Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
I'm having issues with Airport Utility...

I'm not able to see my time capsule or my other router on my iMac. I'm connected to my TC via wireless. But with my laptop, I'm able to see them. Also connected to my TC via wireless.

The pic of just the internet is my iMac. The pic with both the routers is my laptop.

I've tried deleting the app, but the captain won't let me. I was however able to delete the prefs file.

Any thoughts/ideas?

iMac is 2011 27" 3.4/i7

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 9.39.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 9.39.05 AM.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 4.07.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 4.07.09 PM.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 61

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Try resetting the Time Capsule by pressing the reset button on the back for less than 5 seconds.

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
At this point, you are going to have to set it up from scratch. Connect one of your Macs to it by connecting an ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the TC. Turn off wifi on that Mac. Then redo all the settings us Airport Utility.

komatsu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2010
Can you try disabling / enabling the wireless on the iMac to refresh the connection with the TC?

Dopeyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Los Angeles!
At this point, you are going to have to set it up from scratch. Connect one of your Macs to it by connecting an ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports on the TC. Turn off wifi on that Mac. Then redo all the settings us Airport Utility.

This did the trick.... Sorta...

I only re-connected the ethernet cable to my iMac and turned off the wifi. I ran the utility and my routers popped up :):). (I say re-connected cause I was having issues with Yosemite where my wifi connection was dropping. So I connected via ethernet and all was fine.) So I didn't have to reset anything and start from scratch!

So when I upgraded to El Capitan (fresh install) I kept the ethernet. But then removed it to test out the dropping issue. But with the captain, everything is stable. So maybe the switching caused something to get outta place.

But all is good now!!! Thanks to all for your input!!

Reactions: komatsu

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
How about going to the network preference and "deleting" the wifi? Then add it back in?
I couldn't even get it to open any of the settings I was having so much trouble. Actually just got back from the Genius Bar and the guy there got it configured and up and running for me finally. My rMBP is doing it's first back up since Jan. 6 now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.