Issues with Amazon online rebate submission?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dpw1855, Mar 5, 2008.

1. dpw1855 macrumors newbie

I ordered the 2.2 SR MBP from Amazon last week that was $1686 with a $150 rebate. From the PDF that is on the Amazon product page there is a link to www.rebateshq.com/amazon-rebates to submit the online rebate. However, when I go there and enter my order id and email address I get the following message:

Your rebate is unavailable for submission at this time due to one or more of the following reasons:
    - Your order may not have been processed for shipping.
    - You may have entered an incorrect Amazon.com Order Number
    - The e-mail address entered does not match the address for the Amazon.com Order Number
    Please re-enter the information or return in 24 to 48 hours to submit your rebate

I've tried this every day this week and there's been no change. Calling the 1-800 number on the rebate site leads to the run-around and suggestion to call Amazon customer service. Amazon customer service says that they can mail me a rebate form that I can then mail in for processing, which I'm very leery of due to past experiences with other retailers.

Is anybody else experiencing these problems with the rebate from Amazon? I would think that with all of the rebates that they are offering on the various MB's and MBP's and Amazon's generally great reputation that the process would be a little bit easier. I would expect this from smaller retailers, but not Amazon...

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

This happened to me a couple years ago.

I emailed them, and they somehow submitted it themselves or something, and then I verified they had submitted on the rebate site.

3. PDE macrumors 68020

Has your MBP shipped yet? If not, that may be the problem. If you already received it, I would email customer service and tell them that you're not satisfied with sending it in via email and that you want to be able to submit online. Ask for a manager! They'll sort you out - I've never had a problem with amazon rebates, and when I've had any issue with Amazon they've been very good about handling it. Sometimes Indian support staff doesn't read my whole email before they fire off a response and I have to repeat them. I've found that writing "PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE EMAIL BEFORE REPLYING! THANK YOU! " at the top of the email helps a little....

4. dpw1855 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I received the MBP on Monday and am typing this response on it. I've talked to the people who process the rebates and Amazon and indicated that I would prefer to be able to submit the rebate online so that I can verify that it gets received. I think that the issue is that for some reason my order id did not transfer from Amazon to Parago (the people who process their rebates). Parago is telling me to contact Amazon, Amazon is telling me to contact Parago...

Has anybody been successful in the last few days in submitting a rebate online for a MB or MBP? Just wondering if I'm the only one...

5. bwv1060 macrumors newbie

I have had the same issue. After bouncing back between Amazon and the rebate site a few times, Amazon e-mailed me the following:

"We do want to be sure that all Amazon.com customers who qualify for
    this offer receive the appropriate rebate.

I have contacted the appropriate department about your submission. If
    there are any problems with the submission, we will contact you again.

If the offer is approved, you can expect to receive your rebate check
    within the next 6-8 weeks."

6. dpw1855 thread starter macrumors newbie

I knew I couldn't have been the only one having this problem. Did you have to ask for a manager when speaking with Amazon? So far the best that they have done for me is to promise to send me a mail-in form, which I would think if those were an option to begin with there would have either been a way to print one from the product page on Amazon or they would have included one in the box.

I would be curious to know if you are able to go the rebateshq.com website and enter your order id and see that the rebate has been submitted. I won't feel good about getting my rebate until I'm able to do that.

7. bwv1060 macrumors newbie

I didn't speak to a manager, but I had the same thought about checking my status on the rebate site. I tried earlier today but without success. The site is down for maintenance right now. I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning when it's up.

Cheers

8. dpw1855 thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like I may be getting somewhere. I decided that after getting passed back and forth from Amazon and Parago's call centers that I would submit another email through Amazon's customer service site. A few minutes ago I received the following response:

Thanks for contacting us at Amazon.com.

First, please allow me to extend my sincere apologies for any frustration this matter has caused.

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to submit online rebate for "Apple MacBook Pro MA895LL/A 15.4" Laptop (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive)."

Current, we are having technical problem in online rebate submission.

I have forwarded this matter to the appropriate department to research in this matter.

I will personally follow-up this matter for you, and will write back to you within the next 48 hours with a better resolution.

Please be assured that this is not a typical Amazon.com experience and in no way did we intend for this to happen. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated in this regard.

I'll post an update after I hear back from them. I would imagine there's a lot of people on here who pre-ordered the new MBP's from Amazon and will trying to submit their rebates when they receive them, hopefully this issue will be revolved by then.

9. dpw1855 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to follow up, it appears that Amazon customer support did not let me down. I received the following email from them a couple of days ago:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I am following up with a response to your e-mail inquiry regarding your order sent on March 07, 2008.

I have submitted the $150.00 Amazon.com rebate on your behalf for the "Apple MacBook Pro MA895LL/A 15.4" Laptop (2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, DVD/CD SuperDrive)" you purchased.

Please allow 12 to 15 weeks for processing and mailing your rebate check. You may view the tracking information provided by the rebate company at the web link given below:

www.rebateshq.com/amazon-rebates

You can track your status of your rebate through your order number.

If after 15 weeks you have not received your rebate check or any related correspondence, please contact us again so that we may investigate further.

I've included additional information about rebates below. We appreciate your patience in this matter, and thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

I was able to check the rebate website, and verified that the rebate was submitted. Its clear that there was some sort of technical difficulty between Amazon and their rebate processing company, so hopefully its been resolved now and none of you will run into this problem.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

11. calvy macrumors 65816

I ordered my Santa Rosa MBP from Amazon the Thursday before the new lineup was released. I've since received 3 price reductions because they kept dropping the price. Each time, they replied to my emails within 12 hours and issued me the credit.