Issues with Apple Pay and WatchOS 2.0 at Walgreens...???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bluermlou, Sep 29, 2015.

1. bluermlou macrumors member

anyone had this issue?

when running Watch OS 1.01 on my watch, i had no issues with Apple Pay at any Walgreens.

when i was running WatchOS2 betas, i was never able to get Apple Pay to work on the watch at any Walgreens Store i went to (all other stores/vending machines/etc worked on the betas), Apple Pay on the iPhone continued to work without a problem.

In what turned out to be (somewhat) good luck, my watch screen cracked, had a replacement shipped to me, which of course at the time shipped with WatchOS 1.01

WatchOS 1.01 and Apple Pay worked (again) flawlessly at all Walgreens store as it had before i updated my previous watch to the Betas. I had hoped that the issue would be sorted out at the official release of WatchOS 2.0

Unfortunately, tried the official release Watch OS 2.0 today at a Walgreens and yet again, it did not work. With the iPhone working with no issues whatsoever.

Has anyone else had this happen to them at a Walgreens? anyone else had issues using apple pay on the watch with OS 2.0 at their stores?

Interesting Note: when i switched to used my phone to pay - it no longer prompted me whether i wanted to use credit or debit (my primary card is debit, and it always used to ask) This time around it was just scan, NO prompts, and i got my receipt - just like how it works at McDonalds (and i think how its supposed to work overall - NO prompts after the scan)

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Funny, Apple Pay wouldn't work today for me at Walgreens with my iphone 6+. Would not take my touch ID.

4. Handsome Bacon macrumors regular

Handsome Bacon

I used the watch the other day at a Walgreens and the terminal rebooted itself. Strange. I thought it was just an anomaly and the lady behind the counter was a bit unnerved asking what I "did" to it LOL. It came back online and processed the charge.