Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hi guys,

I encounter some issues regarding my Apple TV 4K in Control Center and in the Home app.

1.) When I play something on my Apple TV and pull down the Control Center on my iPhone and then hold the music platter and go to the Apple TV playback most often the timeline is stuck. E. g it says I have 12 minutes left in the episode I’m watching (which is correct) but then the time is stuck.

2.) When I’m in the Home app and I start playback on my Apple TV it doesn’t show that it plays anything in the Home app. Some time later it registers playback but it takes quite a while.

I’m running iOS 13.3.1 and tvOS 13.3.1.

Anyone else also having these bugs? Is there a solution?

Thanks and best wishes
Chris

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I e. g. encountered this problem frequently when I was watching Vikings on Prime Video. Sometimes I also don't have this bug so it's not 100% replicable.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean. It shows the correct times when I first enter this screen but then it doesn't update the times.
IMG_0578.png

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I’m watching the new Rambo right now on iTunes and there I don’t have this issue. But I also didn’t have this problem with Vikings every time so I guess it’s just a bit buggy in general for me. Perhaps a future iOS/tvOS update fixes this ?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Maybe it's a Prime Video issue. I see more streaming issues with Prime than with other streaming services.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.