Issues with Apple Watch

Illusionsoftime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Hello, so I have had an Apple Watch for around a month or so and decided to turn off the stand reminder thing, I've recently decided to switch it back on but I get no reminders and/or credited for standing on the activity ring.

Also, when I do outdoor or run or something else that uses the green light for heart rate sensor, it seems to sometimes stay on after I finish the run and hit end.

Help is appreciated, thank!

Mouse man

Suspended
Mar 9, 2017
AZ
The only thing I have turned off is the "breathe" reminder. If you havent updated to OS 3.0 maybe just do a restore and see if that helps

watsonjm

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2008
Cambridge
Got my watch this morning and I'm having the same problems. Neither the watch nor the activity app are registering any steps or anything.

Software is up to do so not sure what else to do

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
Hello, so I have had an Apple Watch for around a month or so and decided to turn off the stand reminder thing, I've recently decided to switch it back on but I get no reminders and/or credited for standing on the activity ring.

Also, when I do outdoor or run or something else that uses the green light for heart rate sensor, it seems to sometimes stay on after I finish the run and hit end.

Help is appreciated, thank!
Heart rate sensor staying on for a few minutes after ending a workout is completely normal. As to your notification issue, not sure. Try updating to 3.2

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Got my watch this morning and I'm having the same problems. Neither the watch nor the activity app are registering any steps or anything.

Software is up to do so not sure what else to do
Maybe just a coincidence but my stand hours are no longer updating to the fitness app and my phone is making all the notification sounds it should make when not connected to the AW. Watch has worked without flaw until after the update.

Illusionsoftime

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Maybe just a coincidence but my stand hours are no longer updating to the fitness app and my phone is making all the notification sounds it should make when not connected to the AW. Watch has worked without flaw until after the update.
Still not giving me any notifications for standing, any ideas why?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Still not giving me any notifications for standing, any ideas why?
Wish I could help but my stand hours were not working this am, heck it was not even counting steps. Worst is my phone is still making notification sounds like there was no watch.

Tossed it in the drawer and put on the Garmin today. Over it for now. I hope you get your fixed.

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
Wish I could help but my stand hours were not working this am, heck it was not even counting steps. Worst is my phone is still making notification sounds like there was no watch.

Tossed it in the drawer and put on the Garmin today. Over it for now. I hope you get your fixed.
My watch is doing this too. All my notifications are going straight to my phone like I'm not even wearing a watch. Was fine before the update.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My watch is doing this too. All my notifications are going straight to my phone like I'm not even wearing a watch. Was fine before the update.
I am sorry it happening to you, too. Wish I could help but for now am a little fed up with my AW problems. The last update to either the phone or watch left the AW broken.

I know you have tried but rebooting both phone and watch and if that does not work, unpair and repair as a new watch. I did this 10 times and it did not solve my notification, hours standing and now no steps recorded.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.