Issues with changing parts in iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mcarter, Sep 5, 2011.

1. mcarter macrumors newbie

I broke my iPhone 4 and wanted to replace the screen with parts from a different (water-ruined) iPhone. But when I did this I got the display (upon turning it on) that indicates the phone has been locked and can only be used in emergency. I thought as long as nearly everything (most importantly the logic board) was from my original phone, then there shouldn't be any problem. But obviously there is. So now I'm wondering what parts I need to make sure not to change on my iPhone in order for it to still be considered my iPhone!

Can anyone tell me what would be causing my phone to get blocked when the logic board is the same as it was before I broke it? I have never reported to ATT that I lost my phone so it is definitely not my logic board.

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

If you on;y changed the screen you should be fine as i have replaced many in the past.

Have you tried plugging it into itunes to see if it activates it?

3. mcarter thread starter macrumors newbie

I ended up with some other mixing of parts since I figured the only one that really mattered was the logic board. What other parts are unique to each phone?

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502