Issues With Charging Cases?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by briankeith513, Aug 2, 2013.

1. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Is any on still having issues using their iPhone 5's with charging cases? I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy one.

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

No. It likes to tell me that charging is not supported when I charge the case and phone at the same time so I have to charge them separately.

3. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

So basically, when your phone is in the charging case, it's not charging at all? Making the charging case useless?

4. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

No when im trying to charge the case with the phone inside of it itll charge and usually give me the not supported message some time later. The actual case charging the phone works if you get what im trying to say.

5. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Ah, ok. So it works fine, it just gives you the error message.

6. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

yes so i charge the phone and case separately.

7. SimsDelt macrumors member

I have a Mophie Air and it works great. Every once in a while I get that error as well, but it still charged the phone and the case at the same time.

8. gglittle macrumors regular

Mophie Helium, with intermittent connection issues, which I suspect was the cable. Changed cables and have not seen it since. All the Mophie cases I have had charged both the phone and the external battery simultaneously.

9. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

10. epphllps macrumors 6502

Any charging case (cheaper versions) I have tried outside of Mophie has not worked for me. Constantly get the not supported error and then it stops charging the case. Maybe the higher priced mainstream charging cases are the only ones that will work.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is there something potentially different when it comes to charging cases and iOS 7? :confused:

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Issues With Charging Cases?

I have the max boost atomic air battery case for iPhone 5. It works great. I charge them both separately due to the charger support error. When the iPhone is fully charged the case knows it and it stops charging the iPhone by giving it an error and it charges the case then when the case and iPhone are together. It is not mfi certified. You might want to consider a mfi certified battery case for iOS 7. Idk if it will work or not.

13. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Supposedly iOS 7 now detects if the lightning connector is MFI certified. If it's not, it sends an error stating the is not approved and may not work properly.

So far It just gives the message. Not sure if buy the time iOS 7 drops, will make uncertified cables or cases not to work.