Issues with "Check Eligibility" page

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Patriot24, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Are any other Verizon users getting an error that your password is incorrect when you attempt to check upgrade availability through this page?

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

I have verified that my password is indeed correct, but continue to get an error saying the password does not match. I am the primary account owner and all other information is correct.

I know that I am eligible for upgrade, but I wanted to test the connection anyway to ensure that I can successfully pre-order on Friday through Apple's site. This error is making me nervous.

Thoughts?

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I get the same error.

3. Patriot24 thread starter macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Ok. I had a local friend confirm the same. Glad to know it isn't just me.

Hopefully this doesn't become an issue for preorders.

4. Patriot24 thread starter macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Just wanted to update here in case it is useful to anyone that is pre-ordering from Verizon.

The password asked for on these pages is the "Billing Password", not the password used to login to MyVerizon. They are separate.

There is no way to retrieve your Billing Password without calling Verizon support directly if you have forgotten it.

Hope that helps.

5. nixon08 macrumors newbie

FWIW, I just figured out the problem. Last week I changed my rate plan with Verizon, but the new plan wasn't set to kick in until the beginning of my next billing cycle (Oct 23rd). Apparently, the Verizon online store can only hold one order at a time, so adding the pre-order on top of the rate plan order was not going to work.

I had them release that order and now the eligibility check is working fine.

So basically, make sure that any orders you may have sitting in your carrier's system are all cleared out or canceled (such as rate plan changes, data plan changes, etc that may not take effect until a future date).