Issues with duplicate texts, stemming from group MMS...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by asaj, Jul 18, 2011.

1. asaj macrumors newbie

I've been having issues lately, and it seems specific to group MMS. I have 3 friends, who I will do occassional group MMS chats with. They are all ATT, and I am on Verizon...not sure if that matters or not...but all iPhones.

The issue is, that we will do these chats around 9:30PM, and then they are finished usually by 10pm. Everything works fine. Then, in the middle of the night, I'll get a text, from that group MMS, and it's a repeat text...not physically sent again. Sometimes this will happen several times during the night.

For example, last night we did a group MMS starting at 9:31pm. The last test was at 9:45pm. Then, at 1:56am, I received two duplicate texts...one that was sent around 9:31pm and one that was a repeat of a text from 9:45pm. Not all of them repeated, just two.

This seems to happen every evening after a group MMS session...the times are not always the same, and the friend that the text came from isn't always the same, but it's always in the middle of the night that they repeat...which sucks. I am going to turn group MMS off for a while, to see if that helps...but I was wondering if anybody else has seen this happen, and is there a fix?

Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a carrier issue to me.
    Nothing you can do on your phone that would cause the messages to be sent or received again.

3. asaj thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done other group MMS sessions and not had the issue...but they were all Verizon people (some on iPhones, some not)...so the offenders are always ATT phones. You are probably right, just something weird with ATT/Verizon group MMS maybe?

For now, I'll turn it off, because it's not fun getting texted at 3am when you are on call for work, and praying that you aren't getting paged...

Thanks.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It used to happen to me too but not just with MMS but regural texts also.
    From AT&T send to Tmobile users.
    Probably the issue would be in the carriers messanging servers.