Issues with envelopes and labels in Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Big Byte, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Big Byte macrumors regular

I recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac from Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac, and am having some problems with envelopes and labels.

Whenever I create an envelope template or try to create a label (using the label option from the menu), the envelope and label automatically appear in Notebook Layout View. Not a big deal, except for the fact that neither the address nor my return address appear and the outline of the label grid is invisible. I try changing the view to Print Layout View (which I normally work in) and still there is no address information or label grid. Does anyone know why and what I can do to resolve this?

As a matter of fact, the Notebook Layout View is a thorn in my side; it seems to be the default view for new documents, but I don't want it to be. I've tried changing the Normal.dotm document, but after I save it and go to create a new document, it's always Notebook Layout View. Is there any way to modify the Normal.dotm document so that all new documents are opened in the Print Layout View?

Thanks.

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Not sure what to tell you... I don’t have MS Office.

But envelopes are often a challenge no matter what. I found EasyEnvelopes (free utility) that just works, it is a dashboard widget and very simple to use.