Issues with external HD's

Jurwin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Guys, I'm having a couple of problems that has me stumped.
So I have a 2012 MPB retina running 10.15.1 catalina. I have two external HD (1TB lacie and 5TB lacie) connected to a linksys EA6900 via the two USB ports. The 5TB is new. Both drive are formated to macOS journaled which is supported by the linksys.
In finder I can acces via "Network" both drive and play my media's. I can also transfer file from the externals back to my mac. But transferring a file from my mac to the external, I get a message saying that there is not enough storage (which doesn't make sense, both drive are barely used). The second problem is that my sony TV used to be able to acces my external drives. But now for some reason the TV can no langer see the media server. I've tried everything on the TV. Factory reset, disconnecting everything, refresh server list in setting but alas. Anybody any idea?

HDFan

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2007
What changed, the Catalina update?

The second problem is that my sony TV used to be able to acces my external drives. But now for some reason the TV can no langer see the media server.
How/where did the Sony see the drives? What model (year) TV? What media server are you using?

Jurwin

macrumors regular
Original poster
What changed, the Catalina update?

How/where did the Sony see the drives? What model (year) TV? What media server are you using?
No, the update or does not appear to be the problem. I tested this on an older mac running El Capitan 10.11.6 and it's the same issue. But think I have isolated the problem. On both macs I can add a file in a subfolder and it will transfer. But on both macs when trying to add a file in general, it won't transfer.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 11.27.07.png

As you can see in the picture above. Putting a file in the folder "WD External 500GB" will transfer.
But trying to put a file beside every other folder will give a message of the drive being full. I'm stumped.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 11.34.02.png

The drive still has about 3TB free.

As for the Sony TV. It's a KD49XE7096. The smart tv runs on opera TV os.
On the TV I used to be able to acces the drive from the home menu and then selecting>media>video>and my router name would show up.

IMG_9669.jpg

IMG_9670.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9673.jpg

I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't acces the drives connected to my router. It used to be possible. The TV has internet acces via LAN. The connection is working for netflix/youtube etc.
I have tried factory resetting both router and TV. Yet the issue still persists.

Attachments