Issues with Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benrockwood, Aug 11, 2009.

1. benrockwood macrumors member

benrockwood

Lately i am having issues with the latest version of Firefox 3.5.2. it hangs intermittently for no reasons and now it happens very frequently. i have to quit process. So anyone out there having this issue with firefox lately after the recent update ?

-Ben

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I have not had any of these issues after updating to 10.5.8.

Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies/that sort of thing? Obviously if you clear the cookies you'll lose any auto-logins, so you could manually delete the un-needed ones.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Do you have any add-ons or plugins installed in Firefox that could be contributing to the problem?

4. jasimon9 macrumors regular

I have been experiencing same thing, both with 3.5.2, but also happened with all previous versions, which were, 3.0.11, 3.0.12, 3.0.13 etc. This has been going on for a several weeks at least.

In particular, I have been sleeping the system overnignt, and every morning Firefox is nonresponsive. I send in the report to Apple every day when the crash report option appears.

5. mjb5406 macrumors newbie

I, too, have been experiencing tons of issues with Firefox 3.5.2, ranging from intermittent pauses (with the spinning pinwheel) to complete crash with I close a tab with command-W. I've gone so far as to create a whole new profile to see if it helps, but it doesn't. I use iFreeMem, and it looks like Firefox leaks memory and doesn't return it after it closes. I use 4 add-ons, including Google Toolbar, Password Exporter, FlashGet and FlashBlock, but removing them doesn't seem to help. It's annoying and totally frustrating.

6. jasimon9 macrumors regular

I have seen enough about this issue to know that it is not just me, not just addons, and probably not my profile. So a couple of days ago I "temporarily" switched to Safari.

Especially nice with Snow Leopard.

I hope that Mozilla fixes Firefox, because I don't have a good substitute for Firebug.

7. Buzz Bumble Guest

I'm using FireFox 3.5.2 on a Windows PC (because Vodafone have screwed up my Mac's Internet access), and I must say this latest version seems to be buggy. In the previous version at the same time I could have applications open for Email, Usenet Newsgroups, and Firefox with multiple tabs, but now this new version keeps complaining about being out of memory and losing all it's button icons. The websites I visit haven't changed, so it's obviously this version of Firefox. :(

8. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I'm running 10.5.8 and haven't had any problems with 3.5.2. As I recall, I was having problems with beachballing in Firefox and my Mac in general a month or so back, so I reset the PRAM and that seemed to help a bunch. Maybe give it a try?