Issues with ifconfig post-004 update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by The ArchAngel, Oct 25, 2008.

1. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

All,

Just installed the 004 update this morning via Software Update, now I have the following issue:

Running "sudo ifconfig en1 up" no longer works. Strangely enough, the "down" command works, not "up". Extremely annoying, as I use this command regularly to switch off/on wireless regularly.

Can anyone else confirm this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Forgive my ignorance, but why wouldn't this work?

Attached Files:

3. The ArchAngel thread starter macrumors regular

It does, but when you do a good portion of your work in Terminal, this is an annoyance. If you're suggesting that I use the menu bar and accept diminished functionality in a fundamental part of OS X, then I'm glad for you that you're so tolerant, but I expect something like this to work correctly.

4. The ArchAngel thread starter macrumors regular

Also, you're showing the bluetooth menu, not the Airport menu. Still, I don't find your point to be sufficiently strong to convince me that this isn't an issue.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not suggesting anything. Nor am I trying to convince you of anything. I just wondered if a simple point and click would accomplish the same thing as starting Terminal and typing in a command. Which you prefer is up to you. How's that for tolerance? :D

6. The ArchAngel thread starter macrumors regular

Fair enough, but I'm well aware of the alternative - I am trying to point out the command line interface is broken. Thank you, though, for your suggestion.