Issues with iOS 7.0.4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lightnight, Feb 12, 2014.

1. lightnight macrumors newbie

Hello!

I've recently updated to iOS 7. For a while, it seemed like things were going fairly well, but now I'm becoming disenfranchised by problems. For example, when I'm selecting multiple emails in an attempt to discard them, if I select two or more, within two seconds all of my selections are lost. This is quite annoying to be able to only delete one email at a time. On iOS 6, I could delete multiple ones at once.

I have recently been having an error that appears randomly and will cause my phone to respring. Since I have noticed this is occurring, I cannot get 8 hours of battery life with minimal usage. Is there something I did? Something I can do to fix this issue?

Again, the respring is completely random from what i can tell. One time while talking to Siri, another time I was reading a text message. I've attempted to close all applications to see if this solves any of my issues. How can my phone be usable if I only get eight hours? I go on road trips, and where I live there can be 80 or more miles until the next town. This is quite distressing. Is my best option to sell my iPhone and go to another? I guess I forgot to mention I'm using an iPhone 5.

Any suggestions or explanations are appreciated. Thank you!

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Try restoring in iTunes as NEW instead of from a backup and see if things improve.

3. lightnight thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm assuming that this will delete all of the photos, songs, etc. from my iPhone and they will have to be reinstalled? Thanks for your help and speedy response!

4. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

It will. As an alternate option, restore and setup as new then then restore your backup from iTunes. Then settings>reset>reset all settings after restoring your backup. That will leave your apps and data intact and just reset the system settings ,wallpaper and wifi networks. Its a known way to be able to use your backup most of the time. Sometimes you cant and simply have to manually restore your stuff. Anyway iOS 7.0.4 is also known to cause re-springs and such and is really bad on the newer devices like the 5s and iPad air. iOS 7.1 should be available in a few weeks and addresses those particular issues. So far the latest beta 5 has shown great results. Maybe just need to hang tight until it releases.