Issues with iOS 8.4.1 in regards to... Everything? Details inside.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by WordsmithMR, Aug 26, 2015.

1. WordsmithMR macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

So I am not even sure what cause this issue but the only changes that have happened to my device this past week was updating to 8.4.1 and pairing my Apple Watch to my phone. I don't think either of these are the cause of my issues, but I do not know what else has happened to have made these issues start up. The issues are below:

1. The App Store and iTunes won't download updates or new content. It also shows items that are on my device as if they were and have the cloud button to download them now... Very odd. I have tried force closing and that doesn't fix it, however restarting my phone fixes it temporarily for maybe 30 mins and then it just stops allowing me to download things. No error messages at all, it spins as if it were about to start downloading or updating the item but when you exit the screen nothing is being done.
    2. Apple Music: Not the typical complaint, all of my Apple music selection has disappeared... only from my iOS. It has asked me a few times to sign up for Apple Music... it's as if it isn't reading my Apple ID and only listing the music I have locally on the device... Again, I can restart it and it'll work for a bit but then it just doesn't allow me to do anything.
    3. My device will not sync in iTunes anymore. I wanted to have a full back up on my Macbook Pro so I could factory restore my phone but it gets stuck on the last step, which brings me to:
    4. I attempt to sync in iCloud... But it just freezes when I select iCloud in my Setting menu...
    5. I am not sure if there are other things going wrong... My PhotoStream seems to work just fine, access to my apps is working (However, IAP are not unless I reset the device)...I think that is about it that I have spotted.

I really don't want to lose any of my game saves or Health data.... But I may have to unless anyone on here has any idea on what is going on and how I can fix it without factory restoring and losing data.

2. AuPhalanx macrumors regular

AuPhalanx

Here's a possible fix that I posted in other threads about this issue:

Sign-out of your iTunes ID on ALL of your machines and devices, both computers and iPhones and iPads. Reboot. (I do not know if this step is necessary, but it's not something that will hurt.) Sign back into your iTunes ID.

I hope this helps!

A.

3. Jsquires1990 macrumors member

Hi,

It appears you are experiencing the same as me and many others.

Here is the current discussion on .com in communities.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7183496?start=0&tstart=0

Still trying to get a fix, its been escalated to engineers. But no actual solution as of yet.

Cheers

4. WordsmithMR thread starter macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

Well at least now I know it isn't just my device... Was thinking that it may be time to upgrade.... right before the 6S announcement :x

5. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I have many of these issues on an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 5S so it's not a device issue...

6. Good Morning Dave macrumors newbie

Having all the exact same issues, plus more with the Podcast app. I have no permanent solution, only that it seems to work fine for a bit after you restart the phone, then starts acting wacky again.

7. WordsmithMR thread starter macrumors 6502

WordsmithMR

So I tried the "Sign out of all devices" that AuPhalanx suggested and it seems to have worked (at least so far for the past 24 hours) It's a good fix until the actually send a patch through. However, I still can't get my phone to sync with iTunes on my MBP... But I guess I am not so pressed for that since I know it is a OS issue and not a device issue. So I can wait until they send a patch out fixing this issue.

8. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Similar issues. Except AM is having issues playing music, will randomly stop and play music, and won't load Radio at times. Apps are crashing more often now, especially Safari, and the slowdowns are horrendous.

I'm considering installing the iOS 9 beta just to break free of this awful update.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are those that are finding 8.4.1 better than iOS 9 betas (as in those that aren't really even having issues with 8.4.1 but do see issues with 9.0 betas), and those that find it worse (those that aren't having issues with 9.0 betas). Differs for different people.

10. Rastapopoulos macrumors newbie

Rastapopoulos

I had all the issues you guys have with 8.4.1, but the apple ID sign out/sign in procedure has fixed it for me too.

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Surprisingly signing in and out of the iTunes ID (not iCloud) fixed the AM and iTunes issues. Likely the rest of the issues as well. Probably all due to some kind of iTunes ID glitch, which explains the issues installing apps and Safari crashing as well.

12. leerichards1, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015

leerichards1 macrumors regular

Hi, is your device still working ok? I've tried the same fix a few times and I think 36 hours was the longest it lasted before it reverted to having exactly the same issues again.

Update: Actually I've noticed this morning my phone and iPad are both working ok, despite me not having restarted either of them since they went wrong again yesterday, which previously I would always have to do.

13. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Started having the same issues again. Guess I'll just log in and out of iTunes daily till iOS 9 is released...

14. leerichards1 macrumors regular

Yeah me too. iPad needed a reboot yesterday and iPhone needed one today after a couple of days or so without an issue. Initially it would always go wrong again less than one hour after a restart, but that time period seems to have steadily increased. I'd love to find out what is actually causing the problem.

15. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It's probably some iTunes account authentication issue deep in the software.

16. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I decided to take the long road...
    I restored my iPhone as new and now everything works ok.

Before I had 3 iTunes accounts (one PT, one U.S. And one PL). And had apps from all 3 accounts on the iPhone, maybe this was causing the issue as well. After restoring I'm just using one account and I haven't had a single issue or need to restart the phone.

Still agree there is some account issue behind this.

17. Rastapopoulos macrumors newbie

Rastapopoulos

Same here, also started having issues again. Was annoyed by it so much that I tried the iOS 9 beta and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the speed and stability of it. Running it a few days now on my iPhone 6 and I'm keeping it.