Issues with iPod 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badtzmaru, Aug 2, 2008.

1. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

After using my 3G iPhone for about a week, I have noticed a couple of oddities/differences from 2G.

1. Missing Artwork. It will appear on the iPhone then disappear on the next sync. Sometimes it will reappear if I fiddle around with the original files on my computer and sync again. Sometimes it won't.

2. Now Playing. The 2G remembered which song I was playing even after I watched a video. The 3G doesn't. Maybe the 2G feature was actually a bug that got fixed?

2. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I think you mean iPhone 3G there is no iPod 3G but that would be AWESOME!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

I think he means the iPod application inside of the iPhone 3G equaling iPod 3G. Cause all of his problems are in this.

4. View macrumors regular

Whoa! I didn't know that 3G (3rd Gen) iPod had album art and videos!!!!

Sorry, just had to rub it in :)

I don't remember my 1st Gen iPhone to remember the song after playing a video in the iPod application, but that could be wrong as I don't have my old iPhone anymore..

As for the syncing, it sounds like iTunes syncing problem. It could be the 2.0 bug particularly to your files, but I have not had this issues with my new phone.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
  5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

1. Mine does this too... I think it's a software bug. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

2. I don't know as I never had the previous iPhone, but mine doesn't remember the song either.

6. badtzmaru thread starter macrumors 6502

Another oddity, this time with the Clock. Whenever I use the timer, it always starts 23 seconds ahead! Meaning, if I set the timer for 3 minutes, it actually starts at 3:23. What is going on here?

7. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

I had this same problem with my 1st Gen iPhone before I upgraded to 2.0 firmware. It would start 12 seconds ahead. I went into General Settings and clicked on "Reset All Settings" and it fixed the problem

8. badtzmaru thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the tip! for a while there i thought my iphone was able to move time and space.