Issues with latest TVOS 13 Beta

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cdodge, Aug 2, 2019.

1. cdodge macrumors newbie

I installed the latest beta and I am having issues. First issue is that I am unable to put the apple tv to sleep by holding down the Tv button, the menu does not pop up anymore. This worked in all the previous betas

The other issue is that it duplicated my user profile. It now shows two user profiles for me.

Anybody else have these issues?

2. myvoip07 macrumors member

sleep option works fine here using TV button. For me i am not able to close any app by pressing TV button twice, it was working before the latest beta.

3. retrospek macrumors 6502a

retrospek

I have exactly the same issues (Can't put to sleep & two user profiles). I'm hoping will be fixed soon...

4. cdodge thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed the latest beta today and still have the issue where I can't get the option to put the device to sleep by holding down the TV button. Is this a bug or did they change the way to get to the fly out menu to put it to sleep? I am surprised this has been an issue for the last three betas

5. mattfro macrumors newbie

I have a issue that I haven't noticed on older betas that it turns off my TV when going to my ATV4K. I have it directly connected to one of my HDMI ports on my TV. When I choose that input then apple tv turns off my TV. Very annoying, only way to come around that is to reboot apple tv by unplugging the power and reconnect it.

This is the public beta 5. Let's hope the next one fixes this issue.

6. BlankStar macrumors 6502a

BlankStar

My ATV 4K always shows the splash screen that there's a new ATV app since beta 4 after sleeping. Really annoying because this keeps me from streaming stuff to the ATV when it's sleeping. First have to wake it with the remote, click "ok" on the splash screen and then I can start streaming.

Hope beta 6 gets rid of this...

7. mattfro macrumors newbie

Yes... I got that fixed by going to the whats new in the settings menu... After that I did not get that splash screen. Try that if it helps for you.

8. AustinJerry macrumors newbie

I have been experiencing audio dropouts of 2-3 seconds when using the Netflix app after the most recent beta update. They occur 4-5 times at the beginning of an episode, but then the episode completes without any more issues. I tested my network speed on the ATV 4K, and I am getting >200MBPs downloads. I was watching the current season of Glow, which is Dolby Digital.