Issues with lightning earphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hatshepsut, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Hatshepsut macrumors newbie

My iPhone 8 is driving me crazy—at least a couple times a day, it refuses to recognize that my lightning earbuds are plugged in. It will play music out of the speakers, or sometimes I can’t hear anything at all. I’m hoping it’s just the earphones and not an inevitable result of ditching the headphone jack. Anyone having this issue, or had it and resolved it?

2. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

Does it not recognize when power is plugged in?

If it never has that issue, most likely the headphones are defective

3. iSayBoourns, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017

iSayBoourns Suspended

iSayBoourns

Even though the 8 is new and you probably haven’t had it too long, check to make sure there isn’t any lint trapped in the lightning port.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It could also be a glitch. Power off the iPhone, power back on. Also, someone else mentioned a similar issue that you had a week ago. Make sure your iOS is up-to-date as well, which could be rectified through an update.

5. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

Wow, issues now but lightning earphones will be obsolete within the next two years. Too bad they are not true USB-C earphones which could actually be useful.

6. iSayBoourns Suspended

iSayBoourns

Still putting in those overtime hours are ya? Samsung must be so proud of you. Possibly employee of the month.

7. hatshepsut01 macrumors newbie

Yeah, it charges w/o a problem. Software is up to date and I've tried rebooting. I'll take it to the Apple Store and see if swapping out the earphones works.