Issues with List View / Cover Flow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by paulbaker, Feb 2, 2008.

?

Which Finder mode do you use?

1. Icon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. List

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Column

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Cover Flow

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. paulbaker macrumors regular

I like list / cover flow because I seem to have lots of files with long relevant names. However, I have difficulty editing the file names. When editing a file name: using the right and left arrow key to scroll through the text of the name for some reason backs through the folder hierarchy rather than just moving the cursor left and it is irritating, because one moment I am editing a name and the next the Finder has moved back all the way to the home folder...

Any thoughts, it also does this in cover flow...

2. paulbaker thread starter macrumors regular

Hey

Come on folks, has no one had this issue?

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i get this too. i think its a feature though as i your supposed to continually press the arrow key to navigate the file name as holding it will navigate the hierarchy and/or cover flow.

the thing i hate about cover flow is it increases when you increase the window size (as opposed to iTunes) and continually gets smaller after a while (as opposed to iTunes again). other than that i love viewing my documents, downloads, movies an picture folders in cover flow as the preview is spectacular. i mostly view my Finder windows in column view as its a far superior viewing mode: its way faster and dragging files to a folder back in the hierarchy is a snap

4. paulbaker thread starter macrumors regular

I guess

I really can't find anything for it except that it is neat. Icon view shows the same thing with less flair and is easier to navigate..

I just wish that I could edit file names with out flying all over my hard drive.

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I prefer column view. I don't like that Spotlight goes to list view after I click the x to close the search. It should go back to what I was using, like it did in Tiger.