Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I recently updated my iphone 4 to the tethered 5.1 jb and I'm having some issues with lockinfo. First, lockinfo seems to disappear from my lockscreen sometimes when I get a text message (I use bitesms 6.2). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing with lockinfo with bitesms and 5.1? It comes back up if I just toggle the power switch off and then on again but it's annoying.

Also, my feeds are no longer appearing on my lockscreen. I'm not sure if there's just something wrong with the feed or if feeds just doesn't work properly on 5.1. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling lockinfo and the rss plugin and I've also tried disabling and re-enabling the feeds plugin several times.

Does anyone have a working feed they can give me so I can try it out? If that feed works, I'd have to assume that there's something wrong with the feed I'm using (I've been using it for quite a while though).

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I recently updated my iphone 4 to the tethered 5.1 jb and I'm having some issues with lockinfo. First, lockinfo seems to disappear from my lockscreen sometimes when I get a text message (I use bitesms 6.2). Is anyone else experiencing the same thing with lockinfo with bitesms and 5.1? It comes back up if I just toggle the power switch off and then on again but it's annoying.

Also, my feeds are no longer appearing on my lockscreen. I'm not sure if there's just something wrong with the feed or if feeds just doesn't work properly on 5.1. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling lockinfo and the rss plugin and I've also tried disabling and re-enabling the feeds plugin several times.

Does anyone have a working feed they can give me so I can try it out? If that feed works, I'd have to assume that there's something wrong with the feed I'm using (I've been using it for quite a while though).

I recommend contacting the developer David Ashman. He is very good about support.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I recommend contacting the developer David Ashman. He is very good about support.

Did that as well - thank you. I just wanted to see if anyone else with a similar configuration was having the same problems as me. Everything seemed to be working fine when I was on 5.0.1 so I'm thinking that I may have jumped the gun a bit by upgrading to 5.1 - maybe everything isn't quite compatible yet.

Last edited:

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Looks like the feeds issue is actually related to the feed I'm using rather than a lockinfo problem (I tried 2 other feeds and they show up on my lockscreen just fine). I'm pretty sure the lockinfo disappearing from my lockscreen issue is related to bitesms but I guess I'm going to have to uninstall bitesms to test that theory.

I may have something else going on though because the phone feels really sluggish to me. I really don't have that many tweaks installed (at least compared to other people I know) but my phone definitely lags a bit compared to a stock iphone 4 or even one with just a couple of tweaks installed.

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Looks like the feeds issue is actually related to the feed I'm using rather than a lockinfo problem (I tried 2 other feeds and they show up on my lockscreen just fine). I'm pretty sure the lockinfo disappearing from my lockscreen issue is related to bitesms but I guess I'm going to have to uninstall bitesms to test that theory.

I may have something else going on though because the phone feels really sluggish to me. I really don't have that many tweaks installed (at least compared to other people I know) but my phone definitely lags a bit compared to a stock iphone 4 or even one with just a couple of tweaks installed.

Bite SMS might b your problem but I know that I'm also having the same issues with lock info disappearing, I don't have bite SMS though. I've been messing with the settings but still no luck. Please report back when u hear back from David. Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.