Issues with Mac Pro Install disk's for 10.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Spookym15, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Spookym15 macrumors newbie

I can not find this any where.

But I was reinstalling the OS for my Mac Pro using the original tiger disk's that came with the Mac Pro (the Grey disks). After putting the first one in I got an error saying to try to reinstall. After 5 attempts it finally took and told me to put the second disk in. I Put that in and I am on attempt 10 of trying to install it and it wont work.

Any ideas? It keep freezes on the iWork 06 trial and spits it out, then tells me to try again.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Customize the install and tell it not to install the iWork '06 trial (you can always download the iWork '09 trial anyways, so it's not necessary). See if it'll complete then. Sounds like a bad disk to me, and that might just circumvent the issue.

jW

3. Spookym15 thread starter macrumors newbie

So after trying a custom install twice no luck. I did check the installer logs and it said it failed to load up a garage band file. Does any one think just getting snow lepord and installing it is going to fix the problem?

Thanks

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like some sort of hardware issue, perhaps the optical drive is on the fritz. Do you incur any issues with other DVDs? Or perhaps the discs themselves have scratches?