issues with macbook pro and some apps

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrgreeneyes, Jun 9, 2009.

1. mrgreeneyes macrumors 6502

hi, i am having issues with some issues with some of the apps i use on my macbook pro.

the apps in question are mactheripper and ripit.

i ma trying to copy some movies to my mac, for travelling, and whenever i copy the dvd it either copies without no errors and when i play it the movie freezes and crashes or doesnt play, and other times it doesnt copy at all.

any ideas? i know this is a touchy topic to to discuss.

any help will be awsome!

thanks

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Use Handbrake to rip home DVD's to your computer. It compresses them for space, and makes them playable in iTunes/QT.

3. mrgreeneyes thread starter macrumors 6502

i like to copy the full dvd with the menus and special features.

im thinking ill just do a fresh install of mac osx

4. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

mactheriper doesn't always work on every DVD. Same with handbrake, you may encounter problems trying to rip movies.

You selected the option to remove the security from the DVD before ripping it right? kinda sounds like a silly question but I thought i'd ask anyway.

Did you try other DVDs? you can verify if it is the specific DVD or the programs itself.

5. madog macrumors 65816

madog

The menu's I'm not sure about. But with HB you can select the main movie, and any extras that may be on there (though they will be separate movie files when complete). You can select a source Title (the longest or first is typically the movie itself), and then set it in the Queue, and then change the title to another one, and queue it up, and it will rip everything. The specials are usually near the end, and have varying lengths to the rest of the titles listed.

If you have a decent computer, it's not that long to rip a section to test it out, or better yet, once you select a title, head to the Picture Settings and it will have a screenshot of that section.

There really aren't any options left after those applications you have already tried.