Issues with Mic and Soundbooth

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by tbhvikings, Dec 17, 2010.

1. tbhvikings macrumors newbie

I just got Soundbooth CS5 for my iMac yesterday. I plugged a standard dynamic microphone into the mic input in the back using an XLR to 1/8 inch cable.

But I can't get the mic to pick up levels in Soundbooth. It will only pick up the built in mic. I'm relatively new to tinkering with these things so how do I get Soundbooth to pick up my mic?

2. Booch21 macrumors regular

Booch21

Are you still having this issue, a month later? I use Adobe Audition for Mac Beta and its similar to Soundbooth.

I tried an XLR to USB converter once. I was unimpressed. I only buy XLR mics now, but still have the MXL990 USB mic. I now use an Alesis USB mixer for all mic inputs. Either with the converter or mixer, you have to have some kind of gain adjustment to increase or decrease.

You could use the software mixer as well and crank up the input gain as well. Just go to that track and bring up the mixer and tweak the "knob" to adjust it.

I'm fairly new to this stuff myself and make few adjustments, but maybe this will help some.