Issues with MMS and Push Notifications on 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sallymomo, Jan 4, 2011.

1. sallymomo macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    A friend of mine unlocked and jailbroke my 3gs Iphone with the 3.1.2 version (Modem firmware: 05.11.07) and this morning I realized that my Youtube, push notifications and MMS weren't working. So I looked online and found a way thru Cydia to Install iPhoneModding to fix the You tube problem and then it suggested to install Push Fix to fix the push notification issue. It mentioned to delete all apps that use Push before doing that. I deleted only 2 of the apps that I thought had Push but figured that Twitter had push too...anyways, didn't deleted Twitter but deleted the other two and installed Push Fix. After the reboot, the you tube was fixed but I am still not getting any Facebook Notifications. What do you think is the problem?? Could it be because I didn't delete all 3 push apps??

Also, ever since he unlocked and jailbroke it...I noticed that I am able to send out MMS but not receive any.Every time someone sends me an MMS I get the following message: The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction.

I have the following settings

Cellular Data:
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

MMS:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 24000000
    MMS AU Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

I read somewhere I have to install something thru Cydia...can someone tell me exactly what to install to make the MMS work?

Thanks so much

2. sallymomo thread starter macrumors newbie

Bumping this...so perhaps someone can help me.