Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I have a few questions/issues about my iPad:

1. Why is the clock overlaying the "Sync in progress' on the lock screen? I think I might have installed something to get this problem, but I dont know what.

2. Is there a way to have my icons stay the same way when I switch from portrait to landscape mode? I have two columns on each page in portrait mode, but they are moved all over the place when I turn it to landscape mode.

3. When Im browsing Safari, sometimes the screen does not flow, and it doesnt allow me to touch and/or open any links, resulting in me having to close Safari and re-open the app.

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
1. Why is the clock overlaying the "Sync in progress' on the lock screen? I think I might have installed something to get this problem, but I dont know what.

Have you tried restarting your iPad? Also, is your iPad jailbroken?

2. Is there a way to have my icons stay the same way when I switch from portrait to landscape mode? I have two columns on each page in portrait mode, but they are moved all over the place when I turn it to landscape mode.

No. This is default behaviour that cannot be changed.

3. When Im browsing Safari, sometimes the screen does not flow, and it doesnt allow me to touch and/or open any links, resulting in me having to close Safari and re-open the app.

Does this happen on any specific website? Also, do you notice this when all tabs are loaded or does it happen with just one?

RTP.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Have you tried restarting your iPad? Also, is your iPad jailbroken?

Havent tried restarting, and my iPad is JB'n.

No. This is default behaviour that cannot be changed.

OK, thanks.

Does this happen on any specific website? Also, do you notice this when all tabs are loaded or does it happen with just one?

This happened on this site, and on the only other site I had opened, on a different tab. It wont scroll smoothly, and if I was in a thread/forum, and tried to touch anything to open, it wouldnt respond. I have to X out the app, then re-open it, but even then, it happens after a little bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.