Issues with my Mac Book Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by martymar112, Jan 19, 2015.

1. martymar112 macrumors member

Number one

I am having issues with charging my computer. I beleive its the cord I am going to trouble shoot that soon.

Number two

Is noisies coming from my hard drive/fan. I am looking to replace my hard drive and fan. I just want pretty much start over. Anything I should know when replacing the hard drive? Anything I should read! Thanks guys

Mike

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

1. buy a new charger from an online website (apple charges too much)
    2. When i had a mac book pro without retina, one of my fans was overheating and i had to send it to apple. If money is not a problem just the get 13" retina mac. Maybe get a refurb one or go on macmall

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you can be a little more specific with points 1 and 2, it would help fellow members assist you.

1) Is your Mac still under warranty? If so, make a Genius Bar appointment.

In regards to point 1, does the computer hold a charge? When you connect the cable to your Mac, does the charging light come on? What kind of condition is the cord in? If the cord is worn or frayed, only buy a genuine Apple cord. Buying generic could put your Mac and dwelling at risk.

In regards to point 2, are your fans running all the time or coming on when you are watching videos or have programs running?

Is your hard drive making any noise? If so, what kind? How much space do you have left on the hard drive?

4. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Download this app called IStat menus, and under the sensors part it tells you how fast your fans are running, so I'm guessing this well help