Issues with my mini ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andrenhal, Jan 25, 2010.

1. andrenhal macrumors newbie

I'm having issues with my mini ipod. When ever i try and transfer songs/update songs from itunes onto it - it will freeze. I'm currently using the latest version of itunes, is this version not compatable with mini pods?

2. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Every version of iTunes, the current one included, supports every iPod model all the way back to the very first iPod. This includes your mini.

Your problem may be hardware related, and probably is; the mini uses a small platter-based hard drive, which is more susceptible to failure than flash-memory based ones like the nano.

Can you attempt to sync a small number of songs (two or three), then play them successfully?

3. kunal123 macrumors member

Okay, this may seem stupid to you as you have obviously had your ipod longer than me but if you are using a oldish computer and windows, itunes does freeze a lot but it usually unfreezes in about thirty to forty seconds.
    Try leaving itunes frozen for a couple of minutes and see if it unfreezes.

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

The original poster's been banned, but for anyone reading this in the future. I had a mini that would freeze iTunes whenever I plugged it in. It needed a new hard drive.