Issues with online radio site

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mavimao, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

OK, I've been trying to connect to my alma mater's college radio station that can be accessed online.

www.wdub.org (click on listen live in the top left hand corner)

The weird thing is, I can't connect to it with any of my browsers (safari, firefox, camino) on my main account. However, when I log into the guest account, it works perfectly! I've tried to change all of the firewalls, resetting safari; nothing works! I know I can always log in the guest account if I really want to listen, but why should I?

Please help!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I just tried the site and it seems to work fine on my Safari. Can you not get to the site at all? Or can you view the site, but the music doesn't play? It sounds like a firewall or ad-blocking setting, if you're running SafariBlock or Safari AdBlocker.

3. Mavimao thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

No, I can get to the site, and I click on the listen live link and I get a quicktime box with the qt logo and that's it. It won't play the stream. On the guest account, it'll play just fine.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. Mavimao thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

OK, I got it! I went to Quicktime prefs in System Prefs. Went to advanced and saw that the Transport Setup was on custom. I switched it to Automatic and voila!

I guess that was it...?

EDIT: Yes, that WAS it. I switched back and forth between custom and automatic. If it were in custom mode, it wouldn't work. In automatic mode it would. Yay!