Issues with Outlook.com Mails on iOS 9?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by iphonefreak450, Jun 25, 2016.

1. iphonefreak450 macrumors regular

Hi,

I just setup my Outlook.com account on iOS 9 iPhone, and it seems that all the emails are arriving but cannot be sent...

I am using the iOS Mail app and would prefer to use that instead.

When I set it up the first time, it got verified as OK and then Saved it. Mails were received but I am not able to send any outgoing mails.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Is it a new Outlook.com account? If so, remove the account you just added and then add it back as "Exchange".

3. iphonefreak450 thread starter macrumors regular

I followed the exact steps as below.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...1ae-aab1-87b80fa94970?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

EDIT >> Seems to work. Did MS accounts migrate to Exchange now??? That's what I had heard in the past that MS was planning to migrate new accounts.

Add your Outlook.com account to your iOS Mail app

1. Choose Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

2. Choose Outlook.com.

3. Enter your email address and your password, along with a description, and choose Next.

4. By default, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders are all enabled. If you want to turn any of those types of information off, tap the sliders, and then choose Save.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

New accounts are Exchange "compatible". Old accounts are being migrated. They are behind the original schedule on this migration, it seems.

5. iphonefreak450 thread starter macrumors regular

So next time I should always select Exchange?
    Please confirm.

And thanks.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

When you log into the outlook.com webmail portal, in the upper left hand corner does it say "Outlook Mail" or "Outlook.com"?