General Issues with Pangu?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Totally, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Totally macrumors 6502a

Totally

Hey everyone,

As someone still on 7.0.6 deciding to whether or not to upgrade... I see quite a few people talking about minor issues with pangu. So I'd like to see if people are have no issues also.

Is there anyone that is having 0 problems? Not even the most minute of an issue, just 0. Is this jailbreak being more of a problem than the evasion7 one? If you are having problems, feel free to post too - just trying to get some idea.

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I did 1.0 and then 1.1. 1.1 seems a lot cleaner, but that could just be in my head.

I had 34 tweaks installed on 7.0.6, and now 32 of them work (ASUpdatehider and Gridlock don't work).

The benefit to me far outweighs the two tweaks that aren't compatible yet. The devices (especially my iPad) run far smoother now.

I would not hesitate to do it again!

3. mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Personally, if I had a choice, I would stay at 7.0. Too many tweaks either not working or partially working to upgrade. Its not really worth it.

I had zero issues on a Mac with version 1.0. Well, minor "issue". The progress bar kinda stops and then moves quickly, it doesn't go fluently which kinda scared me. I've heard of numerous people re-jailbreaking, their third time it worked.

I'd stay where your at, that way you don't have to reinstall everything.

4. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I'd recommend updating.. There's no issues with Pangu itself.

7.1.2 is definitely snappier compared to 7.0.6...

5. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Ditto!

6. Totally thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totally

I appreciate all the responses. Thank you :))

I'll keep my iPhone 5 on 7.0.6 for now. I have a new 5s on 7.1.2, so I will jailbreak with Pangu.

I don't think I want a permanent iOS 8 beta. At least not beta 2.

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

There was no Mac 1.0, it was Mac 1.1.. funny how in 2 different threads you tell two completely different stories.

----------

The question is this... if Apple releases an update to kill the Pangu JB (and they will be it next week or next month), which do you want to be potentially stuck on for a year? (Since iOS 8 isn't even coming out till fall and devs usually wait until the .x releases to jailbreak and we don't even know if there is a back pocket exploit right now)...

- iOS 7.0.4 jailbroken?
    - iOS 8 beta 2 (very early beta)
    - iOS 7.1.2 jailbroken

When faced with those options, it seems like a no-brainer to me, but it seems like there are many on here who are anti-updates for whatever reason. I have 4 iOS devices (iPhone 5S, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina, iPod Touch), and all four run SIGNIFICANTLY better on iOS 7.1.2, and out of 32 tweaks I use, 31 have been updated for iOS 7.1.2... so common sense is to update because later on you won't have the option.

8. cyber16 macrumors 6502

0 issues here as well 2x ipad3, any tweaks that don't work WILL get updated soon, unlike the window of opportunity to upgrade could close sooner or later ? not worth the risk of no upgrade

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Not entirely sure if it'll be patched. 5.1.1 wasn't patched for the longest time so here's hoping it'll stay jailbroken until the public release of iOS 8

Although, if there's some other lock screen bug discovered, I'm sure the JB will get patched

10. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I updated to 7.1.1 with Pangu and the experience has been great. The extra Safari stability alone was worth it, but i am also getting significantly better battery life. No desire to go to 7.1.2, but very glad to get the 7.1 updates.

11. mrcowdude20, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014

mrcowdude20 macrumors regular

Why do people always try to start internet wars. Grow the f up.

EDIT: Explain this, "I did 1.0 and then 1.1. 1.1 seems a lot cleaner, but that could just be in my head. "

12. Totally thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totally

Thanks for the thoughts everyone :). I'm one of those very anti update people. Once my phone is perfect and running right, why fix that something that isn't broken by updating?

And the fact that I ssh theme pieces onto my phone makes it a real pain in the you know what to start all over.

13. BL4zD macrumors 6502

We'll in this case it's broke if you don't fix it and if you ssh then it should actually be a piece of cake. You can simply scp to backup and restore in two commands

14. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Me too.

on evasion7 it was really tough since I felt 7.1b2 had its advantages over 7.0.4/7.0.6 for Safari performance on rMini, as there was a mega thread on how people were removing the expiry from the betas. Don't think I've seen that level of interest on beta firmware from the public's perspective... 7.0.4 was so bad I was going to return my rMini and go back to iPad 3 (still on 6.1.2 at the time) from an insane amount of safari crashes in a limited testing time window, like an hour or two of surfing around just taking it out of the box. same with a restore. 7.1.2 has been way better than 7.1 beta in performance and in general but I still don't regret going that route on my pad or iPhone 5. In fact, there were almost no surprises in terms of what was compatible from 7.1 beta to 7.1.2 so it was a perfect "preparer" firmware version to be on in this case. PanGu was such a smooth transition for me.

Here, staying on 7.0 imo isn't the best, iOS 8 b2 would be really bad because no way most tweaks will be compatible for quite some time, until PanGu2 or evasi0n8

15. bushido Suspended

bushido

some of my tweaks that bring an "app" icon along randomly disappear from my folder. i have to reinstall one of them and they all appear again outside of the folder. odd

16. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Well not an issue that's exclusive to Pangu. Happen also with Evasi0n with 7.0.4 with me.

17. dKupe macrumors newbie

Any news on ASUpdateHider and iOS 7.1.2? I've tried repeatedly to contact the developer and nothing.

ASUpdateHider is one of maybe three or four tweaks that I consider critical and won't update from 7.0.6 until they all run. Now ASUpdateHider is the last one.

Thanks!

Kupe

18. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Considering the update window will be closing soon (like in the next week), I'd say jump ship now and go to 7.1.2

EDIT - I'm on ASUUPDATEHIDER 1.1-1 and it works 100% fine in iOS 7.1.2... I had to think about that for a minute. I went in and checked it to make sure it actually works, and it does.

19. dKupe macrumors newbie

That's great to hear! I think I might go ahead and update!

Cheers!

Kupe