Issues with printer connected to Netgear Wireless Print Server

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iaddict, Feb 21, 2011.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

I am so frustrated with this stupid Netgear WGPS606. Last week I spent over 4 hours with a tech support person getting my two printers to work. They had been working fine for several years and then all of the sudden I couldn't print to either of them. We finally got them working again only for one of them to stop printing again. I was trying to troubleshoot it and stupidly reset the printers which got rid of both of them. Now I am back to square one and I have no idea where to start in getting them both back up and running. The one that I have had trouble with off and on is a Brother MFC-465CN - which is the one that stopped printing. I have two PC laptops that can still print to it fine but I do all of my work on my iMac and can't get any printing done. I dread the thought of having to call back Netgear and walk through all this again. Does anyone know an easy way to get them back up and running from my mac?

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

The manual of the 606, page 3-8 (figure 3-4) gives us a hint that the two printer ports on the WGPS606 are called LPT1 and LPT2. So, in OS X Printer Setup, select IP printer > LPD and enter the IP address and the queue name (= port name) of LPT1 or LPT2, then choose model -- done.
    Do you know the IP address of the 606?
    You can find that by going to the Windows computer > printers > printer/printer properties Ports tab.