Issues with Quicktime

Thesand212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
I reinstalled all the codecs, but Quicktime still will not play avi files any help

imofean

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know why but some avi requires QT 7 to open now.
Some of my avi could be play by QT X in SL but not in lion. A window pop up when opening these files and request to open it by using QT 7

burkery3

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
I am not sure if you are having the same problem but I have been editing a video using Premiere Pro and the movies I had in .avi format no longer open on my imac. Premiere Pro has also lost them but the same message pops up for quicktime. Funny thing is my macbook pro plays the videos no problem.

zepman

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Sweden
If you use Perian for avi palyback, there is a problem when useing subtitles. Uncheck load subtiles in Perians preference. Hopefully this will be fixed very soon in an update of Perian.

imofean

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
If you use Perian for avi palyback, there is a problem when useing subtitles. Uncheck load subtiles in Perians preference. Hopefully this will be fixed very soon in an update of Perian.
It solves the problem. :D
Yet QT X won't load subtitle after unchecking that box. But QT 7 and VLC can still play the subtitle without any problem. Hope Perian update soon

burkery3

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
QT issue

Any idea why and .AVI file would play in quicktime 2 days ago, allow me to use it in premiere pro and edit, and then when I turn my computer on today it no longer opens it? and premiere pro says cannot locate media. Still works on my other mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.