Issues with read/write privileges on iTunes (kept on external drive)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vastoholic, Jun 15, 2012.

  1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

    vastoholic

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Location:
    Tulsa, OK
    #1
    Here's my setup. I have my iTunes library on my Mercury Elite AL Pro Qx2. Initially I had it set up to where it was connected to an airport extreme and not connected to my mini at all (my desk was too cluttered so I moved it elsewhere in the room). Now I have it hooked up directly via FW800.

    Now the problem. Since I've moved back to FireWire, for some reason it's saying I don't have the proper privileges to change information on those drives anymore (which I can go in and manually change folder privileges) but I don't want to do this with every single movie/music/TV show folder I have. I'm going through trying to add artwork to movies and I'm getting the same issue on every single one.

    First I just want to know why it changed on my all of the sudden, and second is there a way to change them all at once without having to do them all individually?

    I've only had this set up for a few months. I've never had a backup RAID drive like this before. I've always used Time Capsules.

    First picture is the rights from the folder that I have to change and the second picture is the rights from the actual file that I have to change. I don't think I've ever seen "wheel" in there before so I'm not sure what that's about. The file actually shows my name. Even though my name shows read/write access, it's like it's not recognizing me as the administrator or something. I'm the only person ever logged into this computer.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

    vastoholic

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2009
    Location:
    Tulsa, OK
    #2
    Fixed it. I had to restart my computer to do it apparently. Last night I was still encoding some video and couldn't shut it down, but for some reason I was getting an error when trying to check the "ignore ownership" box for that particular volume. After a restart, it worked finally and everything seems to be back to normal.

    You can close the thread if you want.
     

Share This Page