Issues with redsn0w (unlock/jb 3GS on 4.3.2)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AsianChexMix, May 3, 2011.

1. AsianChexMix, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

AsianChexMix macrumors regular

So I am using redsn0w and I checked install Cydia and change my baseband to iPad for the unlock but as I follow the directions on iClarified, I get to holding down the home button and then it says "fetching iPad firmware" and then it ends. Any idea why that is?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Did you download Ipad 1 firmware 3.2.2 onto your PC?

3. AsianChexMix thread starter macrumors regular

/facepalm

I thought it was going to download it itself. The tutorial on iClarified did not say anything about that. I've managed to jailbreak it but need to figure out the unlock process.

4. bbopera macrumors newbie

Ah, I think this is the issue I'm having! I also want to jailbreak and unlock. Does anyone know where I'd find the iPad baseband files for a 3GS on 4.3.2 running 05.16.02? Thanks in advance!

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

in order for redsn0w to install the ipad baseband onto your phone, you need to download the ipad 1 firmware 3.2.2 onto your computer.

It is illegal to put the link here to any firmware file. So, you need to google it and download it onto your computer.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Only 1 file to be used on this. Ipad 1 3.2.2 firmware. So, google it and you should be able to get it to your PC.

7. AsianChexMix thread starter macrumors regular

I actually solved this (so mods can close this if they want) but I fixed it since I just did the JB first then did the baseband change and unlock with ultrasn0w and things worked. Now it's time to find a buyer!

Thanks for the response!