Issues with Safari on start up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EmeraldEyes29, Nov 21, 2012.

1. EmeraldEyes29, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

EmeraldEyes29 macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2010 MB Pro. 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 8GB Memory. 320GB HDD @5200rpm. OSX 10.6.8

My safari version is 5.1.7

For the past few months I've been having issues with Safari. This problem occurs after the mac is shut down, sleeps or the HDD is stopped I guess you would say. When I turn it back on and go to Safari, Safari takes forever to load and then stalls. I have to quit it, click again to launch it, and then force quit it before it acts normal again. I thought my HD was getting crowded, computer getting dated, etc... so I wiped everything a couple months ago. I still have the problem.

So why is it necessary to get Safari to a place where I can "force quit" it before it works how it should?

If I just close the lid and it sits for a while and I open it back up, then I can launch Safari with no issues.

Hopefully someone has an idea of what I'm actually talking about or that I described it where it makes sense. :confused:

Thanks.

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Have you tried to "reset" Safari. (From the Safari Menu).

3. EmeraldEyes29 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not "reset" it but I still have had the issues since I wiped my entire system and did a clean install.

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Try deleting the preferences file in Users/[your username]/Library/Preferences/come.apple.Safari.plist

Then restart Safari.