Issues with sound selections? (iOS 7 GM)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tethead, Sep 11, 2013.

1. tethead macrumors 6502

tethead

Having a problem with sounds on my iPhone 5 (GSM) with iOS 7 GM. For some reason, my email is still triggering the older sound, not the new one I had selected. It has finished restoring from iCloud backup, all apps downloaded, have rebooted the phone a few times, and have also tried selecting different "new" sounds, but none of the ones I pick for email make any difference. For calls, texts, and everything else, the new sound selections work just fine (and are GREAT!)

Ideas? Anyone having similar issues??

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Check the mail option in notification center for default sound.

3. tethead thread starter macrumors 6502

tethead

Done in 1... NAILED IT!!!

Thank you!!! :apple::eek::D

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You're welcome! :D

5. jimmybuk macrumors newbie

jimmybuk

This appears to be a bug. You can change the sound in notification centre, however this seems to be separate to the sounds menu. It changes in both for Phone and SMS and they change in both no matter where you make the change. Email doesn't work this way though. I'll submit this to Apple as it appears it's not just me having the problem.

6. jww062 macrumors member

I think what happens is if you don't change them in notification center, it takes the one from the settings. Once you change it for a mail account in the notification center, it no longer takes it for that mail account if you change the one under settings.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

The difference there is that you can have multiple mail accounts with different alerts and notification settings, while you basically only have one Messages and Phone "account".