Issues with Texts not being sent

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gwhizkids, Jan 10, 2016.

1. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

Several times over the last few days I've had issues where I have either dictated a text as a reply, or used one of the canned replies, and that reply was not sent. I've been connected to my iPhone at the time. Anyone else seeing this? Am I neglecting to do something?

2. ahwman macrumors member

I'm having this very same issue. Have you found a solution?

3. gwhizkids thread starter macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

It hasn't happened often but it still does once in awhile. I can't figure out what may be leading to it and no solution. My suspicion is that the watch screen turning off may somehow break the connection, but that really makes no sense.

This is one of the truly maddening things about the watch: by the time the voice to text is fully transcribed, the heavy lifting is over. Actually sending the message would seem to involve only a few kb's of data and should be easy to accomplish.

4. ahwman macrumors member

Have you tried unpairing the watch and setting it up as new?

5. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

First unpair the Apple Watch from the iPhone app, not from the watch. This will force a backup. Then pair and restore from the back up. This fixes a lot of random issues.

Setting up as new watch, I believe, will erase health and other data.

6. 1stalban macrumors member

I've noticed in my case, it seems to happen primarily after charging my watch. The only way to get it working again is to do a hard reset on my watch. From then on, replies go just fine. It's a maddening development since I don't get the notice that the reply didn't go through for quite a while after thinking it went.

7. gwhizkids thread starter macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I did this last night and I think at this point, it did the trick! Also seems to have generally sped up app loading, too.

Thanks!

8. PaladinGuy macrumors 6502

One shouldn't have to go through all these hoops to get the watch to be consistent in its performance! For me, it's harder to tolerate bugs on the watch than on the iPhone. I want/expect the watch experience to be fast and reliable. Otherwise, I start feeling as though it's actually making my life more, not less, stressful/complicated.

9. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Glad to hear it! Basically sped up my watch in general on all functions as well.