Issues with the Home Button.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chrf097, Dec 26, 2011.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

My 4th Gen 8GB iPod Touch that I got in Feb. has some issues where the home button is unresponsive at times, wether it be an attempt to open the task tray or or open the controls while locked. I still have my year of hardware support from Apple (It expires Feb. 17th, my birthday :D ). Before I set up my Apple Store appointment, will they take my iPod and exchange it? If they do take it, will they exchange me a black one like before? Will it have a new serial? Is it possible to exchange for a White one? Instead of exchanging will they be able to fix it. Thanks for the answers.

2. jmjoh122 macrumors member

jmjoh122

I doubt they will fix it. You will probably have to exchange it and they only swap white for white and black for black. You don't get to choose. Since it will be a referb model, it will have a different serial number

3. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

Wait wait, I'd be receiving a refurbished model? What is there refurbished policy. I know with the older iPods they swapped the cases, do they still do that? I don't want to trade in my scratch-free iPod for a scratched one.

4. jmjoh122 macrumors member

jmjoh122

no it wont be scratched. It's going to be one that has all the plastic on it and everything. I don't think that they will swap the case. the only difference between a new and referbished one is that one comes in a box with plastic on it and the other doesn't. besides that, it's all the same.

5. iLaughingSaint macrumors newbie

Home button

I have returned 2 4th gen IPT for home button problems. Apple will replace yours no problem. This has been a serious problems with 4th gen iPod Touch. One thing to try is open a native app like weather hold down off button until slider appears then hold home button down till app closes this will recalibrate home button. Eventually it will become unworkable which can be worked around with turning on assistive touch in accessibility under settings if it gets bad. Set up a return with Apple care which will leave you without your device for a week or less. Aloha#