Issues with touchscreen response

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Caseynd, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Caseynd macrumors regular

Caseynd

Anyone else had random issues with the touchscreen not responding for 3-10 sec at a time? doesn't seem to be app dependent, sometimes just on the home screen, just can touch anything.... really annoying. Happens with iOS8 on my iPhone 6+ and iPhone 5 so far, haven't noticed it on the iPad yet.

2. X-X macrumors 6502

It's because iOS 8 is complete crap.

Downgrade to 7 if you want a working phone.

Maybe by the time iOS 9 is announced, iOS 8 will be useable.

There is so much to fix, it will take forever.

3. yyzspotter macrumors newbie

I've been using iOS 8 since Beta 1, and while there were numerous bugs during the beta period, I haven't found any major issues with my 4S or iPad3.

My 4S is slow... but that's to be expected for a 3 year old device running a brand-new upgraded and new-feature-filled Operating System.

I have always suggested that when upgrading your phone, doing a wipe and restore and setting your phone up as new will help mitigate any bugs that might propogate from old files sitting around, etc.

Not required, but then again, that's what I did and I have *no* problems.

4. blueturf macrumors member

It's happening on my 5S and iPad Air. Both were wiped and setup as a new device.

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Hasn't happened to me so far. Been with iOS 8 since beta 3..

----------

Can't downgrade an iPhone 6/6 plus...

6. Caseynd thread starter macrumors regular

Caseynd

I have had this issue intermittently since receiving the phone, seems to start in apps, then continues when I go to the home screen. The 2 that it happened in today, Clash of Clans, could only tap certain parts of the screen at certain times, pressed home button, then same thing on the home screen. Same thing happened after watching some video in the Dish Anywhere app, couldn't tap any of the controls in the app, pressed home button (thinking I would close the app to see if that solved it) then the same wonky touchscreen behavior on the home screen. Others having this issue? I haven't seen any new posts, that's why I ask.

7. imalazeeass macrumors regular

I have this issue primarily when viewing a video full screen in landscape mode. Typically, when you touch anywhere on the screen, the controls appear (volume, etc) but I am having issues where nothing happens when I touch the screen. It takes maybe 4-5 touches before it responds. It doesn't appear to happen all the time though and I'm not sure if it's app dependent but so far it's occurring in YouTube and another video player app I use. This is with the iPhone 6.