Issues with 'Unknown' songs in Music app

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by davidrothera, Sep 21, 2012.

1. davidrothera macrumors newbie

I have noticed that a number of tracks are showing as 'Unknown' on my iPhone that seem to be 'phantom' songs that aren't actually there.

If you click one it shows no album art and no length and there is no song playing.

I've tried removing all music and starting from scratch but alas nothing seems to work.

I have tried multiple different methods of syncing the music from iTunes; sync only selected songs (my usual way), selected only a few songs, selected only a few playlists and they all do the same thing.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

It is worth noting as well that when I check my library on iTunes all songs are present and with full metadata.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tha Professor macrumors regular

It is most definitely a corrupted library... This jas worked for most users:

1) quit music app
    2) download iExplorer or similar on your computer
    3)connect your device and navigate to /media/itunes_control/itunes
    4) delete three files that start with "MediaLibrary"
    5) Reboot and see if it helps

It didnt work for me, but I had also an issue with old music getting stuck on thedevice taking up place... If the first way didnt work try the one here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1449426

Ignore the iTunes Match parts if it isnt uour case

I wish you good luck!

3. davidrothera thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that seems to have worked.

I had assumed it was a corrupt library but couldn't think how to delete the library on a non-JB device.

I had tried removing all music however that seems to leave the library file intact :-/