Issues with unlocked iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by murdercitydevil, Oct 19, 2011.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I got an iPhone 2G recently to use as a backup phone. My main phone is an iP4 officially on AT&T. My intent was to be able to swap my SIM between phones should I ever have to, obviously without changing anything with regard to AT&T. Since the 2G couldn't be officially activated, I jailbroke using redsn0w and unlocked using BootNeuter. That part is fine. I can put in my iP4's SIM, immediately get recognized on AT&T with Edge data, everything's great.

However, some issues started to appear. First, VVM didn't work. I messed around with a network setting reset, reboot, etc, and eventually it asked for my voicemail password and started working.

However, one issue remains, which is YouTube not working. I am unable to connect to YouTube no matter what I try. AFAIK, this may have something to do with my carrier bundle on the 2G. It's on 3.1.3, the carrier bundle version is 5.6. I'm pretty sure there's an issue with it because under General>Network, I have no "Cellular Data Network" option, only "Data Roaming," "VPN," and "Wi-Fi." On my iP4, officially activated, that option is present and I can view all the entries and all that.

So, my question is - does anyone know where I can obtain the STOCK 3.1.3 AT&T carrier bundle file, or whether or not my issue stems from something else? I do not want to do a restore, so I must resort to manually updating the .ipcc file. Thanks very much in advance!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it officially activated using itunes or JB and hactivated?
    Sounds like it needs pushfix.

3. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Hactivated...otherwise when I put in my AT&T SIM from the iP4 I'd have to re-activate and I don't want that.

I've heard that pushfix will solve the YouTube issue but what about the lack of Cellular Data Network options?

EDIT: Also my phone just re-sprung itself and when it came back Wi-Fi was totally lost. Had to do a hard reboot to get it back. This is weird.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's the issue then.
    Why do you need to edit your cell data options? I think you can install any carriers settings by using one of the many sites that have config files available for download and install.

Its almost a 5 year old phone, you will notice things are start acting funny and fall apart little by little:)