Issues with updating files on server from mac (.htaccess related?)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sarah3585, Feb 12, 2011.

1. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

Hello,

Earlier today I had been trying to update a website that I'd been working on for months now with no problems.
    I used coda editing it directly on the server, checked the site and my changes werent showing. I went through the motions of clearing cache but no luck.
    I turned to cyberduck and clicked to edit in dreamweaver, my changes were in theat code but still not showing.
    I then went on the PC side opened the file and my edits weren't there, made them, saved, uploaded and worked.

Any ideas what might be the problem on the Mac side i don't want to have to go over to the PC to do changes from now on.
    The only difference I have made is now the site has a .htaccess file. On the mac I couldn't view this and showed up as 0kb whereas on the pc I could open it with notepad and it had a file size..

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

.htaccess won't affect an ftp program like Cyberduck, so that's not the issue.

I've never used Coda, so I can't offer any advice there. Perhaps it's saving your changes locally and not automatically uploading them to the server.

If you're making changes directly on the server in Dreamweaver, you should connect directly through your Site Settings instead of using Cyberduck as a go-between. Exactly how depends on you version of Dreamweaver.