Issues with Verizon Business plan

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JG54, Sep 22, 2017.

1. JG54 macrumors newbie

Is anyone having issues activating their Series 3 on a Verizon business plan? When I went through the setup on the phone and it had me log in to my Verizon account, it said that my plan wasn't compatible for Number Sharing. I'm on a business unlimited plan.

Called VZW support and they kept asking for the SIM ID #. It's nowhere on the packaging, and nowhere in the settings that I could find. Anyone have any idea where that would be?

The final solution they offered was to return the watch to Apple and go to a VZW store and purchase from them directly. It's a Hermes edition... are you kidding me? :mad:

2. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

You don’t have access to change your corporate plan. You would have to speak with your company’s finance department and see if you can make the change. Most likely not going to happen.

3. JG54 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm the account manager... lol. It keeps trying to log in to My VZW and it points to my phone number as the user ID. It logs in and then says my plan isn't compatible.

On hold with Apple support too now and getting nowhere.

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

The SIM ID# they are wanting is know as the ICCID and is a 14 digit string on the bottom / back of the box.

Dave

5. JG54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Dave. The back of the box just has a IMEI, Serieal # and EID. I tried going into the watch app under General - About and ICCID is blank. Any idea?

6. dave006 Contributor

dave006

They should be able to use the 20 digit EID. Your watch does not have an ICCID that's why you can't find it. The watch uses the new fangled eSIM. ( Embedded SIM).

Dave

7. JG54 thread starter macrumors newbie

On hold with VZW again... tried the EID, but it's 32 digits long and they said their system wouldn't accept it.

8. Jetfire macrumors 6502

This is an Apple issue. Their servers keep bouncing back

9. JG54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Finally was transferred to a business solutions rep. Thought it would do the trick, but no luck. They tried adding the NumberShare feature and it prompted for a SIM card number (!!!). I then told the rep that Apple support advised me to go to the Apple store, no Genuis Bar appointment needed, and they would be able to get it fixed.

I'm a little skeptical since I can't ever buy iPhones direct from Apple since it's a business plan. The Verizon rep just now told me that the Apple rep in the store would be able to pull a "spreadsheet" on the watch and get them all the info they needed since the IMEI doesn't even show up in VZW's database right now.

Does that sound right? Just trying to avoid a trip to the Apple store for nothing.

10. Jetfire, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017

Jetfire macrumors 6502

I think I finally got it working. Waiting for watch to finish setting up. Well let you know how it turns out.
    FYI, I'm on our business plan. I first setup my watch and skipped the Cellular part during setup. While waiting for out rep to setup the added lines. Later today I used the cellular setup in the Watch App. Had to set up a MY verizon Mobile account. Did this and then got the error that mobilesharing is not possible on a government account. We are not government account. Called the number for support with our account owner on the phone too. Support person asked for the ICCID number. Don't have one. She went and did thinks and talked to people, redid the account line. Now the phone(watch) would fail with can't add account at this time. Did a restart of both phone and watch. Now luck. Finally had to go. Support person said they are working on the issue. I decided to unpair and start from scratch. Support said to try that while they waited. I sad not to them waiting since it would be least a half hour between impairing and repairing.
    I did that and failed the first time during setup. Tried again and it went through finally. Now have a ICCID number too.

But like I said before Verizon says it's on Apple side.

Yes:D it working just took most of they day to get it workingo_O